Oh the things they say....

We stopped at a store today and the boys and I sat in the car while Kasey ran in. Mason saw an advertisement with a dog holding a slushie. Someone must've told him before that the dog was the SLUSH PUPPY.
Mason said "Mommy, does you like Flush puppies?"

On to a more serious conversation:
Jackson sat on my lap tonight as I read a couple of the blogs I normally read and as I was reading an update on the condition of little Knox (click on Adam & Andrew's link to read about Knox) he asked me what I was reading about. He's six (almost) and I didn't know if I really wanted to explain it to him or not so I hesitated but then decided to go ahead and tell him in terms he might understand. I told him that when he said his prayers tonight he could pray for Knox and for his brothers & sisters and Mommy & Daddy. I told him that they are all really sad and scared for what might happen to Knox but that either way Knox would be OK. Jax asked if he went to heaven would his family go with him? I told him no not right away, not until it's their time to go to heaven. He got really serious and asked who would take care of Knox in heaven because he's Owen's age and Owen needs all of us to take care of him. Kasey & I explained to him that when you go to heaven you don't need your Mommy or your Daddy because Jesus takes the best care of you....even better than a Mommy.
That reminded me of my friend Elyse. Last summer her and her husband lost their beautiful 4 year old daughter (Ann Elyse) in a boating accident. She just climbed down the ladder of the boat without putting on her life jacket and no one noticed that she'd gone into the water for a couple of minutes. (she had been told that she couldn't get into the water without her life jacket on so she was sneaking quietly so that she could) It was a horrible accident but that's what it was...an accident. Her mom, dad, and 3 brothers were on the boat with her and it just happened. One of the hardest things for her to get through was to understand that her little girl didn't NEED her mommy anymore. She was safe and at peace with her Father in heaven.
Of course our prayer is that Knox's little body would get better and that he would respond positively to the doctor's tests but the only thing anyone can do (and the best thing) is to trust and believe in the best caregiver of all...Jesus.
I used to find myself filling my life's "bag" up with things that I had to control. I didn't trust anyone with certain things. Until finally my "bag" was too heavy to carry and I had no choice but to empty it's contents out. Who could handle the special things I carried in my life's bag? No one here on Earth could be trusted with my baggage, I found that out quick enough. Who better to trust than Jesus? To Him the contents of my bag are no burden to carry, instead to Him they are a gift that He carries in His hands constantly. And I never have to worry about them again. Thank you Father for gently calling me to you all the days of my life.

1 comment:

Perri said...

Tina, we were talking about death and funerals today because Big Guy's grandpa was buried today. Ryan asked Jacob if he wanted to die. Jacob said not really right now, but if he did, then that was OK, because he knew he was going to be with Jesus.

It made me happy that he has that peace and assurance at the same time, it made me cry just to think of the possibility.

I can't even imagine what Knox's family is going through.